
Every Friday morning the entire school gathers at the Chapel for a brief time of singing praises and to hear a short inspirational message. Once a month a different grade is responsible for leading the chapel service. In March it was the 4th grade's turn. I don't usually like doing chapel services, but like it or not, I am responsible for guiding my students in doing something. This year I decided to use two songs from the movie Sister Act. One song was I Will Follow Him and the other was My God. I downloaded the two songs from YouTube onto my computer and taught my students to lip sinc the words. Thirty minutes every morning for about three weeks we practiced "singing those two songs" and putting motions to the words. To further help my students look the part of nuns, I borrowed choir robes from the church and let the students wear them. My students loved it.

Then the big day arrived. My job was easy....just click on the music! Once my kids heard the first note, they knew what to do and they did it well. I am so proud of them and they were proud of themselves when it was all over. It feels good to be proud of the work you do.
No comments:
Post a Comment